What's new

Suggestion server suggestions & other

ufo

main server

- remove surf_beginner_hell: it's massively complained about, yet voted for to clear out the server
+ set the surf_beginner prespeed back to what it is initially by default (400ish perhaps): when attempting to be competitive on the 102.4 tick in comparison to all other 102.4 servers, it's not doable due to the prespeed set
- remove surf_utopia* maps; we have a 24/7 surf utopia, let's direct people there instead of having two servers on the same map
+ further alteration of the point system; everyday users are obtaining [Elite] and higher by merely completion of a few maps -- i believe we need to alter the point scale as to how many "X" points a users needs to obtain in order to achieve such a rank; a user with SR on a few maps maintaining higher ranks is understandable, but this early in the game with a low amount of global user ranks recorded, we need to rethink it a little so we're not confusing newcomers -- down the road, we can alter it again to be more competitive
- surf_aircontrol is not giving users points when completing the map, even if you've obtained the SR
+ implement a VIP/moderator/admin vote extend plugin that'll allow an admin to extend the map (which there's plugins available for this on alliedmodders), and that'll allow a VIP/mod to issue a vote extension call
+ make a clear definitive statement towards what this server is to be: tier 1-2, tier 1-3, tier 1-6, et cetera; once stated the standards, let's go after that goal and alter the map pool accordingly -- we have to take into consideration that there's a multitude of tier 2, and tier 3 maps that are actually lower-tier in reality, and vise versa with lower tiered maps being much more difficult than their given classification
+ make another clear definitive statement about what the server tickrate finalization will be. i've heard a few users complain that this server is all over the place with the changing rates on a daily basis, and along such changes comes surf record resets. so we need to be clear about yes, this is a 102.4 tick server and it's here to stay, or make a final decision. it's easier said than done, as we need the server to populate more and on a continual basis to assess the performance, but it's something the community needs to be made clear on eventually so that the server can get further established
+ alterations to the surftimer plugin: the timer interface can be updated and changed around to not be as bloated; the WR/WRB bot replay names should be changed to Map Record, or Server Record, et cetera -- same with the ckSurf phrases of completion of maps, have it state Server Record instead of a World Record, more higher-tier surfers might appreciate this as we're not trying to establish WhiteRose servers as the golden standard... further improvements and little tweaks to be made
+ the adverts plugin: as stated in a previous thread, let's slow it down a little bit more, and add in the other servers on the ads so that users can see there's an utopia server available
+ implement a !discord plugin - it'll display the link, or some other action that'll assist the surfer in getting in discord -- let's not have it spam in the server, we need it slowed way down as a majority people whom surf will listen to music instead of wanting to join a discord and be spammed about it
+ implement a !donation link, non-advertising or if it is, make it 15-30 minute increments or slower; users don't want to join a server to be slammed about donating
+ further alterations of the map chooser plugin: i do believe this suggestion is already implemented in the current map chooser, but when nominating a map, i've been able to nominate the same map played just a map or two prior to the current, i think it should be a tad bit more extended

------------------

surf_utopia server

+ there's a timelimit of 30 minutes and map ends/changes, with the assumption that ck has round end enabled; alter this to a 4 - 8 hour map end/change: this'll allow the server to get a refresher without changing the map per 30 minutes and losing people
- by default, the server has the map chooser plugin enabled which is giving possible nominations, rock the votes, and displays "voting for the next map..." text -- removal of these plugins would be ideal due to this being a 24/7 server
- remove the afk manager - it's unncessary; implement kick after "x" amount of time idle
+ the main server has the customized adverts plugin -- copy&paste it over to this server (with the added additional servers showcased on the adverts)
[bug] - when joining the utopia server, user profiles are not refreshed & saved upon joining, or re-joining after a map change; this essentially means that a user with an established time will appear as [Unranked] until they've refreshed their profile, or beat the map once; users have left the server because of this
+ the utopia's starting zone has a green box zone instead of a ground zone, this is more laggy than the standard utopia server that utilizes ground zones; the zone isn't outline as a green box/rectangle - simple fix in zones, this'll fix that initial lag this server has in the starting zone
- 85.3 tick with 3500 max velocity isn't going to get populated - i'd suggest either 85.3 with no max velocity, or 102 with no velocity! makes it more fun for this kind of map since it's just for fun anyhow

Last edited:

.echo

Owner
Staff member
Owner
main server

- remove surf_beginner_hell: it's massively complained about, yet voted for to clear out the server
+ set the surf_beginner prespeed back to what it is initially by default (400ish perhaps): when attempting to be competitive on the 102.4 tick in comparison to all other 102.4 servers, it's not doable due to the prespeed set
I'll remove beginner_hell. As for prespeed, that is a bug right now that I am trying to figure out for several days now.

- remove surf_utopia* maps; we have a 24/7 surf utopia, let's direct people there instead of having two servers on the same map
I plan on doing away with the Utopia 24/7. It was a fun experiment but it is something I don't want to dedicate system resources too. I will probably do away with it this weekend.

+ further alteration of the point system; everyday users are obtaining [Elite] and higher by merely completion of a few maps -- i believe we need to alter the point scale as to how many "X" points a users needs to obtain in order to achieve such a rank; a user with SR on a few maps maintaining higher ranks is understandable, but this early in the game with a low amount of global user ranks recorded, we need to rethink it a little so we're not confusing newcomers -- down the road, we can alter it again to be more competitive
I will look into this. I may get with you to discuss

- surf_aircontrol is not giving users points when completing the map, even if you've obtained the SR
Known issue. Looking into it.

+ implement a VIP/moderator/admin vote extend plugin that'll allow an admin to extend the map (which there's plugins available for this on alliedmodders), and that'll allow a VIP/mod to issue a vote extension call
Thanks for the suggestion. Adding it to the list

+ make a clear definitive statement towards what this server is to be: tier 1-2, tier 1-3, tier 1-6, et cetera; once stated the standards, let's go after that goal and alter the map pool accordingly -- we have to take into consideration that there's a multitude of tier 2, and tier 3 maps that are actually lower-tier in reality, and vise versa with lower tiered maps being much more difficult than their given classification
Working on this as I speak!

+ make another clear definitive statement about what the server tickrate finalization will be. i've heard a few users complain that this server is all over the place with the changing rates on a daily basis, and along such changes comes surf record resets. so we need to be clear about yes, this is a 102.4 tick server and it's here to stay, or make a final decision. it's easier said than done, as we need the server to populate more and on a continual basis to assess the performance, but it's something the community needs to be made clear on eventually so that the server can get further established
I have made my decision. Will be in the Server changlog for tonight

+ alterations to the surftimer plugin: the timer interface can be updated and changed around to not be as bloated; the WR/WRB bot replay names should be changed to Map Record, or Server Record, et cetera -- same with the ckSurf phrases of completion of maps, have it state Server Record instead of a World Record, more higher-tier surfers might appreciate this as we're not trying to establish WhiteRose servers as the golden standard... further improvements and little tweaks to be made
This is something I have been looking at for the last few days. I have been digging into the code to try to clean up the interface but I am having to teach my self SourcePawn in the process. I need time but I plan on doing this. Changing the WR to SR should be easy enough. I don't actually have to change the WR/WRCP references in the DB. Just what the player sees in the interface while surfing.

+ the adverts plugin: as stated in a previous thread, let's slow it down a little bit more, and add in the other servers on the ads so that users can see there's an utopia server available
I did increase the interval. I'll double it tonight.

+ implement a !discord plugin - it'll display the link, or some other action that'll assist the surfer in getting in discord -- let's not have it spam in the server, we need it slowed way down as a majority people whom surf will listen to music instead of wanting to join a discord and be spammed about it
Noted

+ implement a !donation link, non-advertising or if it is, make it 15-30 minute increments or slower; users don't want to join a server to be slammed about donating
Easier said then done. All the donation systems on Alliedmodders are broken and since Valve broke MOTDs you can not simply have a command like !donate to open a donation page. Will need to investigate further.

+ further alterations of the map chooser plugin: i do believe this suggestion is already implemented in the current map chooser, but when nominating a map, i've been able to nominate the same map played just a map or two prior to the current, i think it should be a tad bit more extended
I believe I have it sent to the last 3 maps which IMO is good because that means you have to wait 90 minutes (or up to 3 hours if all extensions are used) to play that map again.
------------------
surf_utopia server

+ there's a timelimit of 30 minutes and map ends/changes, with the assumption that ck has round end enabled; alter this to a 4 - 8 hour map end/change: this'll allow the server to get a refresher without changing the map per 30 minutes and losing people
- by default, the server has the map chooser plugin enabled which is giving possible nominations, rock the votes, and displays "voting for the next map..." text -- removal of these plugins would be ideal due to this being a 24/7 server
- remove the afk manager - it's unncessary; implement kick after "x" amount of time idle
+ the main server has the customized adverts plugin -- copy&paste it over to this server (with the added additional servers showcased on the adverts)
[bug] - when joining the utopia server, user profiles are not refreshed & saved upon joining, or re-joining after a map change; this essentially means that a user with an established time will appear as [Unranked] until they've refreshed their profile, or beat the map once; users have left the server because of this
+ the utopia's starting zone has a green box zone instead of a ground zone, this is more laggy than the standard utopia server that utilizes ground zones; the zone isn't outline as a green box/rectangle - simple fix in zones, this'll fix that initial lag this server has in the starting zone
- 85.3 tick with 3500 max velocity isn't going to get populated - i'd suggest either 85.3 with no max velocity, or 102 with no velocity! makes it more fun for this kind of map since it's just for fun anyhow
This server is going away

Last edited:

ufo

[expanded]

+ extend the RTV availability; this prevents users from getting on a map that they're not pleased with and then immediately wanting to RTV after a couple of minutes - this is easily abused, especially with people talking on voice comms and getting others to follow
--- further: alter the percentage of users required to issue a RTV, it generally seems too low currently as maps are RTV'd way too frequently
- the current voteban & votekick system needs editing; a votemute is good enough for the public to have access to, having a voteban/kick system available for all users to participate in is dangerous and i've seen it used a few times already in the server. i'd recommend removing public users ability to use the ban/kick voting system, and limit that to VIP & higher members of the community (this can be a positive reason for obtaining donator VIP status)

.echo

Owner
Staff member
Owner
[expanded]

+ extend the RTV availability; this prevents users from getting on a map that they're not pleased with and then immediately wanting to RTV after a couple of minutes - this is easily abused, especially with people talking on voice comms and getting others to follow
Will be removed when I get home. I may edit it though so you can not put in a value higher then 20 and make it VIP only by adding this bit of code:
After:
Code:
OnClientSayCommand(client){
Put in:
Code:
if(!GetAdminFlag(GetUserAdmin(client), ADMFLAG_RESERVATION))){ 
return;
}
--- further: alter the percentage of users required to issue a RTV, it generally seems too low currently as maps are RTV'd way too frequently
Will do tonight
- the current voteban & votekick system needs editing; a votemute is good enough for the public to have access to, having a voteban/kick system available for all users to participate in is dangerous and i've seen it used a few times already in the server. i'd recommend removing public users ability to use the ban/kick voting system, and limit that to VIP & higher members of the community (this can be a positive reason for obtaining donator VIP status)
Just need to use the above code I mentioned to restrict access to VIPs. Should be simple.

ufo

Will be removed when I get home. I may edit it though so you can not put in a value higher then 20 and make it VIP only by adding this bit of
ensure to edit the in-game adverts that shows the !voteban commands - just reflect the votemute

+ add self-mute plugin that also adverts in-game of it's ability -- some users don't know how to use the scoreboard muting function, so servers have the !pmute plugin, or similar, that'll mute a player in-game via their client only; this plugin would be useful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)